A Little Issue

Mclean

A Little Issue

Post by Mclean » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:29 pm

I have Raspberry Pi CNC 2.60 Board and the Raspberry Pi 4 working great. i have CNC lot of parts. Now I'm trying to test out the laser. I connected 12v power to the +v-v, Connected TTL/A + to SPN EN and TTL/A- to GND. Enable laser mode in BCNC. Set the min RPM to 0 and max to 1000. But nothing happens. So i start troubleshooting with a millimeter.

Issue:
-M4 turn on SPN DIR (Which receives 5v) not SPN EN (receive 0v). (SPN DIR is not a PWM so i cant tune the output)
-Laserweb and BCNC don't trigger the correct gcode to turn it on or off.
-M5 do not turn off the laser but M3 does.

Did I miss something or misread something? Is there a way to remap the pins?

Currently on grbl 1.1H

Bertus Kruger
Site Admin

Re: A Little Issue

Post by Bertus Kruger » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:26 pm

Mclean wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:29 pm
I have Raspberry Pi CNC 2.60 Board and the Raspberry Pi 4 working great. i have CNC lot of parts. Now I'm trying to test out the laser. I connected 12v power to the +v-v, Connected TTL/A + to SPN EN and TTL/A- to GND. Enable laser mode in BCNC. Set the min RPM to 0 and max to 1000. But nothing happens. So i start troubleshooting with a millimeter.

Issue:
-M4 turn on SPN DIR (Which receives 5v) not SPN EN (receive 0v). (SPN DIR is not a PWM so i cant tune the output)
-Laserweb and BCNC don't trigger the correct gcode to turn it on or off.
-M5 do not turn off the laser but M3 does.

Did I miss something or misread something? Is there a way to remap the pins?

Currently on grbl 1.1H
Spindle enable pin is PWM.

sending command S500 should give you a 50% power on the pin. M3/M4 will still activate it and M5 will turn it to 0V again.

Does you laser have a power controller that accepts 5V PWM?