Finally done

ckoppenaal
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 1:11 pm

Re: Finally done

Post by ckoppenaal » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:43 pm

erniehatt wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:31 am
So far so good, the new spoil board is done and looks as though it will work this time.
I have found another little problem, someone may be able to help with.
The Z axis has two motors, the are connected to external driver. the Z and A are cloned.
The problem I am seeing is that one side or other is either gaining or losing steps.
I cut something , and later check I find that one side has lost steps or the other has gained.
Any ideas why this is so.
Edit. In fact one of them is lagging, because when I home the Z, the other side is high.
Spoil board.jpg
Do you have both motors connected to one driver? If so that might be your problem, even though they are cloned I believe the proper way to run them is with a separate driver for each motor.

erniehatt
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:16 am

Re: Finally done

Post by erniehatt » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:43 pm

Thanks, Yes they are connected to separate drivers, and are setup the same way.
Besides all of that, I am excited, cut my first bit today, only a small hold down out of MDF, it turned out perfect. Probably would be better out of ply.
This is the first part I designed using Sketchup, and the sketchUCam download.

erniehatt
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:16 am

Re: Finally done

Post by erniehatt » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:54 am

found the problem, one of the Lead Rods was slipping in the coupler.
Found a couple more little probs, the cuts were running slightly out of square, the X and Y axis's were out slightly, fixed that, the other one was that the Z axis had a lean on it, picked this up while leveling the spoil board, it was digging in slightly, that's now fixed.
Wonder what will arise next, never know might just get lucky. :o

Bertus Kruger
Site Admin
Posts: 1594
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:26 pm
Location: Wellington , New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Finally done

Post by Bertus Kruger » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:18 pm

erniehatt wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:54 am
found the problem, one of the Lead Rods was slipping in the coupler.
Found a couple more little probs, the cuts were running slightly out of square, the X and Y axis's were out slightly, fixed that, the other one was that the Z axis had a lean on it, picked this up while leveling the spoil board, it was digging in slightly, that's now fixed.
Wonder what will arise next, never know might just get lucky. :o
Good spotting... its hard to explain but observation of a machine is an art. I have an mechanic friend and I am always amazed at how engines whisper in his ears.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests