3 Channels Only Version?

Sandman

3 Channels Only Version?

Post by Sandman » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:19 pm

Is the 3 channels (XYZ) only board still available - maybe a revised version, with the arm nano chipset mounted directly on board? Thank you.
P.S. I could understand why some people pressed your guys for a 4 (3 + 1 clone) channels board but we are talking Raspberry PI here. Most of us turned towards Raspberry PI because of the small form factor. Having a HAT that extends 2 centimeters outside the PI boundaries is a bit out of purpose. Unfortunately in our setup we just don't have space for the new Protoneer (2.6) board so we are forced now to look elsewhere for alternatives.

Bertus Kruger
Site Admin

Re: 3 Channels Only Version?

Post by Bertus Kruger » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:45 pm

Sandman wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:19 pm
Is the 3 channels (XYZ) only board still available - maybe a revised version, with the arm nano chipset mounted directly on board? Thank you.
P.S. I could understand why some people pressed your guys for a 4 (3 + 1 clone) channels board but we are talking Raspberry PI here. Most of us turned towards Raspberry PI because of the small form factor. Having a HAT that extends 2 centimeters outside the PI boundaries is a bit out of purpose. Unfortunately in our setup we just don't have space for the new Protoneer (2.6) board so we are forced now to look elsewhere for alternatives.
No, not available anymore. :(

Mochanic

Re: 3 Channels Only Version?

Post by Mochanic » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:19 pm

Sandman wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:19 pm
Most of us turned towards Raspberry PI because of the small form factor. Having a HAT that extends 2 centimeters outside the PI boundaries is a bit out of purpose.
That's not at all the reason myself or most other people use the Raspberry Pi. It's a far better choice than any Arduino board! It's basically a complete standalone computer with huge potential. You are probably the first I've heard that complains about the size. You're building a machine that controls XYZ, but you can't spare an extra 20mm?
I bet somebody out there would be willing to trade you their old 3 axis version for one of these.