Validation of manufacturer

DavePfz

Validation of manufacturer

Post by DavePfz » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:05 pm

I'm bringing up a new WorkBee CNC. The shield was provided as part of the kit. Before I bug you with problems, how can I verify that the shield was built by you?

In this case, it's marked version 3.00. However, the soldermask is red. I suspect it's a clone.

To further support this suspicion, when I inspected the board closely, I found cold solder joints as well as some reworked pins.

Thanks

Bertus Kruger
Site Admin

Re: Validation of manufacturer

Post by Bertus Kruger » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:36 pm

DavePfz wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:05 pm
I'm bringing up a new WorkBee CNC. The shield was provided as part of the kit. Before I bug you with problems, how can I verify that the shield was built by you?

In this case, it's marked version 3.00. However, the soldermask is red. I suspect it's a clone.

To further support this suspicion, when I inspected the board closely, I found cold solder joints as well as some reworked pins.

Thanks
Protoneer only sells the V3.51 version and V3.00 is the version everyone is cloning.

DavePfz

Re: Validation of manufacturer

Post by DavePfz » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:57 pm

Would a full schematic of version 3.51 be available? I noted that the limit lines have filtering which is good. But, I'd like to probe deeper. In my case I am using the Pololu TB67S249FTG drivers which utilize some pins that the CNC Shield seems to ignore.

Note: At this point I am interested only in learning and debugging my problems. I will not compete with Protoneer in any way. Any suggestions for redesign and/or new product will be channeled back through Protoneer.

Thanks.