Quick test with TMC2209 drivers

Question/Answers related to this version of the board.
heliosoph

Quick test with TMC2209 drivers

Post by heliosoph » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:25 am

Hello,

I just received the 3.51 board earlier than expected :-) and did some tests with the TMC2209 SilentStepSticks from Watterott with Trinamic drivers. They also fit on the CNC shield. As it turned out, it works without any problems together with an Arduino Uno R3, grbl 1.1 and standard NEMA17 stepper motors :-) :-) And the motors are REALLY silent!!! Without any configuration jumper settings (the three under the driver) it runs in silent mode with 1/8 microstepping.

I also did a test with a Arduino Mega 2560 and grbl 1.1 for the Mega. This didn't work yet probably due to different pin configuration but I didn't check this.

So I'm very happy with this solution: Small, inexpensive, very short setup time and silent run :-) So my project can go on: CNC conversion of a proxxon KT150 xy-stage.

heliosoph

Bertus Kruger
Site Admin

Re: Quick test with TMC2209 drivers

Post by Bertus Kruger » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:21 pm

heliosoph wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:25 am
Hello,

I just received the 3.51 board earlier than expected :-) and did some tests with the TMC2209 SilentStepSticks from Watterott with Trinamic drivers. They also fit on the CNC shield. As it turned out, it works without any problems together with an Arduino Uno R3, grbl 1.1 and standard NEMA17 stepper motors :-) :-) And the motors are REALLY silent!!! Without any configuration jumper settings (the three under the driver) it runs in silent mode with 1/8 microstepping.

I also did a test with a Arduino Mega 2560 and grbl 1.1 for the Mega. This didn't work yet probably due to different pin configuration but I didn't check this.

So I'm very happy with this solution: Small, inexpensive, very short setup time and silent run :-) So my project can go on: CNC conversion of a proxxon KT150 xy-stage.

heliosoph
Thanks for the feedback!!!