Received

erniehatt

Received

Post by erniehatt » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:17 am

Hi Bertus,
have just received the new hat, and I see that it comes with an SD card, does this mean I have to load the firmware, or is it pre loaded as in the past. If so any leads on how to do it.Thanks.
OOPs. Made a bit of a boo boo here, come to think about it, the firmware is for the PI rather than the hat.
I already have the the PI setup, just changing the hat, so it should be really plug and play. then again this old brain of mine could be playing tricks on me

Bertus Kruger
Site Admin

Re: Received

Post by Bertus Kruger » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:16 pm

erniehatt wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:17 am
Hi Bertus,
have just received the new hat, and I see that it comes with an SD card, does this mean I have to load the firmware, or is it pre loaded as in the past. If so any leads on how to do it.Thanks.
OOPs. Made a bit of a boo boo here, come to think about it, the firmware is for the PI rather than the hat.
I already have the the PI setup, just changing the hat, so it should be really plug and play. then again this old brain of mine could be playing tricks on me
Haha... All good. The SD card is for the Pi.

erniehatt

Post by erniehatt » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:42 pm

Thanks Bertus, glad I could bring a smile. :D

erniehatt

Post by erniehatt » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:48 am

Bertus.
OK, I have it all wired up, but when I jog the motors I can hear and feel the click at start and finish but no movement.
If I run a file it goes through all the motions of the axis's but no motor movement, though I am getting a burring sound.
With everything turned off I can move the motors manually, hope you can enlighten me here.
Thanks

Mikeymp66

Post by Mikeymp66 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:49 pm

I might be able to help. One. what kind of drivers are you using? If they are Polou type drivers you have to set current limit on them or motors will not work. I am using 3 dvr 8825 and set current limit and they drive two nema 23 and one 17 stepper motors perfect. I do not have a link but you can get that info from Polou very easy look for setting current on their drivers.if you are using external drivers this Wiki will have that info if you look for it.This board is easy to set up .Also look on this wiki for the link to set current limit it is on another post.I worried that i would set mine up correctly that is why i found all info before i started.

erniehatt

Post by erniehatt » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:28 am

Thanks for the reply Mate, but I am using external drivers, which were working on the previous 2.58 board, I am hoping it is only an incorrect wiring job, I will check it over the weekend.