using camera on bcnc

Mikeymp66

using camera on bcnc

Post by Mikeymp66 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:30 pm

hello all please be advised that getting a usb camera to work with it is a very hard and takes a lot of time Sudo apt-get install python-opencv does not work. You have to manualy install everything and pushes a pi 3 to its limits. i almost feel now that it is not worth the time to try takes about 3 hours to install and you must be very good using the command line and make no mistakes. look on line on how to install opencv 4 on a pi 3b with stretch. this by far has been the most hardest program i have ever tried to load on a raspberry pi and i have been using them sence 2012.

Mikeymp66

Re: using camera on bcnc

Post by Mikeymp66 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:48 am

That being said i found out why it is hard all sites i tried to load software from had too many 404 errors with packages not being found.Is there an easy way to make camera work? because i gave up.Anybody out there make it work and if so please post a way to do it, Thank you

Mikeymp66

Post by Mikeymp66 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:15 pm

Got basic opencv loaded sees my usb cam python sees my usb camera cv2 works on both python 2.7 and python 3 returns true no errors hard to tell if other packages needed are loaded bcnc still has no camera. this should be easy but it is not at all. Does anybody know the steps to make this work? Bcnc-wiki gets me nowhere .

Mikeymp66

Post by Mikeymp66 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:01 am

It is over camera works perfect after 5 days and countless wipe and redo my whole o/s and 8 installs of opencv it works.

Bertus Kruger
Site Admin

Post by Bertus Kruger » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:19 pm

OpenCV is pain to install some times. Best to ask the people at bCNC if you still have issues. https://github.com/vlachoudis/bCNC/issues

Mikeymp66

Post by Mikeymp66 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:06 pm

I all ready found a good easy way to install Opencv that works perfect on pi 3b The camera is super easy to set up all you need to do is get basic Opencv, python-imaging and pip3-install python-scipy . The way to tell if camera works is to check probing on bcnc and if camera icon changes to freeze or edge detection it is installed right. to see camera hit camera radio button right above work area it is small and that is only way to see camera big Icon does nothing except change between tools and camera. my second install was perfect i did not know how to see camera nobody gives that info even the bcnc wiki.causing me to do 3 days of unnecessary work .Do not worry about numpy it comes packaged with open cv.

Mikeymp66

Post by Mikeymp66 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:24 pm

if anybody needs help with camera install for raspberry pi 3b I can help i got very good at it after 5 days of trying even got the author of the opencv file i used from Github Gist to fix an error in his program so anybody can get a good install.I copied and pasted to the command line and works perfect no errors at all. I am using a 10 dollar usb endoscope camera that works perfect and was found by Opencv instantly .neat feature for Bcnc. Fell free to ask and i will give a step by step way to make it work. by the way o/s is using stretch.

Bertus Kruger
Site Admin

Post by Bertus Kruger » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:21 pm

Mikeymp66 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:24 pm
if anybody needs help with camera install for raspberry pi 3b I can help i got very good at it after 5 days of trying even got the author of the opencv file i used from Github Gist to fix an error in his program so anybody can get a good install.I copied and pasted to the command line and works perfect no errors at all. I am using a 10 dollar usb endoscope camera that works perfect and was found by Opencv instantly .neat feature for Bcnc. Fell free to ask and i will give a step by step way to make it work. by the way o/s is using stretch.
Yes... please post it hear as it will be very useful when I upgrade the standard image

Mikeymp66

Post by Mikeymp66 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:15 pm

Hello all this might be a problem i installed on a pi 3b and works on this model only not 3b+ With the new pi 4 out who will still use the older ones? Would it be a good idea to post my info even it is for older raspberry pi's ?