Stepper Rotates Clockwise No matter what

JuiceBox

Re: Stepper Rotates Clockwise No matter what

Post by JuiceBox » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:32 pm

No worries on the delay, thanks for getting back to me and sorry for the tone in my previous messages. I tend to write these things when I just spent a number of hours debugging things and I'm pretty heated. I probably should wait until I cool down before I write a message now that I think about it. :oops:

Annnnyways... Let me see if I can answer all your questions to the best of my ability.

Starting from the top.
When did you buy the external driver boards?
I purchased the boards back in July 2018 with the protoneer board too. I got a set of two complete kits, with the sd card and whatnot. I had a kid since then so that's why I'm just now getting to using them.
This is the correct setup and the one that is being shipped.
How do I go about getting new ones? I believe the ones I have say V2.0 , I have two full sets of them (2 long pcbs with 4 driver boards each)
1) Did my drivers get fried because of this board being backwards? →Likely not.
I wouldn't be so sure about that, I was testing exclusively with two drivers and they're both now having over heating issues. Anything about 84° they choke and shut off. This might be partially why I was having choppiness after I got the wiring right. I just discovered the over heating issue last night and haven't been able to do anything about it yet. I might be able to fix it with a bigger/better heat sink but I don't have thermal compound at my disposal at the moment to swap out sinks.
The first batch of the newly rotated version of the external drivers was labeled wrong. This was picked early one and we were under the impression it was not being shipped out. That is why I asked when you bought this... And where did you buy it from?
Ebay I can get you the transaction number probably if I dig hard enough. PM me for that if you need it. I'm pretty sure It was from the Protoneer store account. Again, PM me for more details.

Sorry for the delay.. I try my best to stay on top of the questions. Just looking at the wiki, this issue arrised when we updated the CNC hat back in JAnuary of 2018
Again no worries, if I can get this hat to work, this would be the most amazing thing ever for me because it solves a lot of problems I have with the space constraints I have.

JuiceBox

Post by JuiceBox » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:05 pm

bump...

JuiceBox

Post by JuiceBox » Fri May 03, 2019 1:03 pm

So are you going to be sending me new boards???

JuiceBox

Post by JuiceBox » Tue May 07, 2019 5:58 pm

::SIGH::

BUMP

Bertus Kruger
Site Admin

Post by Bertus Kruger » Tue May 07, 2019 7:31 pm

I have sent you a follow up email to resolve this issue.