Limit switch design change suggestion

Question/Answers related to this version of the board.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Filamax
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Limit switch design change suggestion

Post by Filamax » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:29 pm

While trying to debug my spindle control, I came to a conclusion to get min and max on the endstops by using only one extra pin as a compare flag.

By utilising either the A4 or A5 pin, that is if your not using I2C, one of these pins can be configured to be pulled high, but connected to the endstop switch as such that it is always pulled low by the end stop switch so when the endstop is registered if the compare pin is low and the endstop is low you know that the x/y/z axis min end stop has been hit.

but if you hit the max endstop then the compare pin goes high, and the endstop is low so doing the state compare you know you have hit the max endstop, pretty simple way of adding endstops on both ends and detecting the different states but it depends if there is room left for the code

if people are curious I can look at testing it on my own machine and share my feedback. Also another way to get the pin needed is to redesign the board so the enable pin(for the stepper drivers) is either tied high or low by a dip switch freeing up that pin, and using that pin as a endstop compare flag.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable