I'm attempting to run the shield on a Mega 2560, but am unable to get any motor movement on any channel & am at my wits end.
Here's the setup I'm using:
- Current model shield (v3.51)
- Arduino Mega 2560 (Clone w/ Genuine Atmel USB-Serial chipset)
- GRBL 1.1f (have tried both MEGA and traditional branches w/ both the pre compiled .HEX and by self-compiling in Arduino IDE)
- 7x Stepstick A4988 driver board (only 1 connected at any given time, including known good ones from the original Banggood controller shield)
- FSP Group PSU @ 19VDC 3.45A (pulled from a working embedded PC project)
- 3x Eleksmaker 42hs34-1304a stepper motors (only 1 connected at any given time during testing)
From what I can tell, Pin 8 on the Arduino stays low regardless of GRBL's idle/run/sleep state, which should mean that the driver is enabled at all times, but the motor barely resists me regardless of where I set the VREF resistor on the driver.
There are no obviously blown traces on the shield, and I've triple-checked the capacitor polarity.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.