Control buttons causing a ton of error messages

PropellerHat

Control buttons causing a ton of error messages

Post by PropellerHat » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:33 pm

Hi

I am trying to connect the hold, resume, abort and reset pins to physical buttons but apparently noise (???) is causing a lot of problems. I thought it was the spindle U V W cables within the same sheath that caused the issue and I made a new cable to be put in between the VFD and the spindle (and nothing more) leaving the previously used 12 lead shielded cable only for lower voltages and control signals, but the problem still remains. I checked the functioning of the buttons with a multimeter and it looks all right - only the buttons pressed join ground to the designated pins. The pins are pulled high according to the documentation so they should not be very sensitive, right? Nevertheless if I start the system with the control button wiring connected I can't even home the machine - everything but the flood of error messages is frozen.

I ordered optoisolator modules to kill the possible cable induced interferences but as I can't be sure it's exactly this that makes it all go wrong I ask what else could it be?

untill these buttons everything has went super smooth, no weird crap at all.

Thanks

-PropellerHat

PropellerHat

Re: Control buttons causing a ton of error messages

Post by PropellerHat » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:18 pm

Well I changed into using the gnd pin right next to the control pins (I used other ground earlier) and it looks like this solved the issue.

So the ground pins on the board are not all directly connected to each other or what..?

Anyway happy to have the buttons working correctly :)

Bertus Kruger
Site Admin

Re: Control buttons causing a ton of error messages

Post by Bertus Kruger » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:22 pm

Gnd pins are linked.... 8-)