The documentation is so bad...

Bertus Kruger
Site Admin

Re: The documentation is so bad... / support + docu helps you make money

Post by Bertus Kruger » Mon May 18, 2020 7:20 pm

MikeTheBiker wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 11:31 am
I totally agree with the previous posters. I also believe that you could charge more for your "original" board - no props from my side but the documentation must really improve. Now you compete with the Chinese manufacturers on price - you won't win. Compete on support and expertise and you will win.

BTW: A board for ESP32+grbl would be cool. You probably know there is already a SW-port on GH: https://github.com/bdring/Grbl_Esp32
Thanks for the support and suggestions. I am already pushing some thoughts into a new board. I will have a talk with the original designed of GRBL-ESP32. Maybe we can team up.

erniehatt

Re: The documentation is so bad...

Post by erniehatt » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:59 pm

Well I must say, the fuss over this lack of documentation is rather negative, try buying one of the Chinese products out there, and you would praise Bertus's effort, because documentation is nil, and it takes a lot more setting up than the Pihat.
Another plus is you get genuine software.

ukracer

Post by ukracer » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:23 pm

erniehatt wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:25 pm
I must say I agree to a certain extent, but most of the questions have been answered here on the forum at some stage or other, just a matter of searching.
Generally one starts a forum to cover such questions, If you ask a question here then Bertus will always answer, though it does take about a week, depending on when you ask.
I never once had to resort to you tube videos.
The only thing I find that needs some explanation is setting up end stops, have never been able to get these working, so have left them unconnected.
Surely someone could assist Bertus by putting together a basic text file.
Bertus could look it over and correct any issues but it would allow us mere mortals to use the board.

Once I learn what to write I will have a bash but I really know nothing about electronics and the pinouts.

Bertus Kruger
Site Admin

Post by Bertus Kruger » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:18 pm

ukracer wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:23 pm
erniehatt wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:25 pm
I must say I agree to a certain extent, but most of the questions have been answered here on the forum at some stage or other, just a matter of searching.
Generally one starts a forum to cover such questions, If you ask a question here then Bertus will always answer, though it does take about a week, depending on when you ask.
I never once had to resort to you tube videos.
The only thing I find that needs some explanation is setting up end stops, have never been able to get these working, so have left them unconnected.
Surely someone could assist Bertus by putting together a basic text file.
Bertus could look it over and correct any issues but it would allow us mere mortals to use the board.
That would be nice.....