installing UGS on PI3

Bertus Kruger
Site Admin

Re: installing UGS on PI3

Post by Bertus Kruger » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:59 am

Yes... FilleZilla basically does FTP over SSH.

Works really nice for transferring large files over to the Pi.

erniehatt

Post by erniehatt » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:00 am

MY joy has suddenly changed, nothing is working now, no that is not quite correct, things are loading up, I can open both BCNC and UGS, but they are not working as expected.
UGS tells me QBRL is not loaded yet, and bcnc does not connect.
I am assuming that the distro has broken in some way, is the new one with UGS loaded available yet.

ozybard

Post by ozybard » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:08 am

erniehatt wrote:MY joy has suddenly changed, nothing is working now, no that is not quite correct, things are loading up, I can open both BCNC and UGS, but they are not working as expected.
UGS tells me QBRL is not loaded yet, and bcnc does not connect.
I am assuming that the distro has broken in some way, is the new one with UGS loaded available yet.

Try doing the serial connection again. Maybe you have no connection.

Open terminal window
Open Minicom in setup mode. Sudo minicon -s
Scroll down to "Serial port setup" with the arrow keys and press enter.
A Raspberry Pi's hardware serial port is linked to device "/dev/ttyAMA0" and GRBL works at a baud rate of "115200 8N1".
Serial Setup
Press enter to exit the "Serial port setup" menu and arrow down to "Save setup as dfl". Then down to exit to switch to command mode.
To get a reaction from GRBL press "?". This will return the current machine position :
Serial Setup
To exit from Minicom press "Ctrl+A" then "Z" then "Q" then Enter.

HIH

erniehatt

Post by erniehatt » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:51 am

Tried that several times still the same problem.
It will not accept the ?
I am just hoping the hat hasn't broken down

erniehatt

Post by erniehatt » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:27 am

Looks like I have a big problem, Have reinstall the image file and still have the problems.
The PI seems to be working as it should, but the pihat is not. BCNC opens up OK, but does not function as it should.
I have gone through the setup many times, after doing exit, the terminal does not function , I cannot enter the ? or the help function.
I can change it from open to close but it does not connect.
Looks like a problem with the board.

Bertus Kruger
Site Admin

Post by Bertus Kruger » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:44 am

I am sure you have tried this, but have you run the RPI 3 config script on the desktop?

The new image is currently been worked on and should be ready soon.(Few more days)

erniehatt

Post by erniehatt » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:19 pm

thanks Bertus,
yes have tried the script.
Not sure what has happened, all the Motors etc were working fine on the couple of tests I made, I was working fine remotely through the PC.
Went to try it all again after a few days, then these problems, cant work it out, reinstalling the software makes no difference.
If I right click on the red not connected sign it tells me that GBRL is connected.

Bertus Kruger
Site Admin

Post by Bertus Kruger » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:15 am

erniehatt wrote:thanks Bertus,
yes have tried the script.
Not sure what has happened, all the Motors etc were working fine on the couple of tests I made, I was working fine remotely through the PC.
Went to try it all again after a few days, then these problems, cant work it out, reinstalling the software makes no difference.
If I right click on the red not connected sign it tells me that GBRL is connected.
Could it be that you have another App or console connecting to the serial-port. If not, it could be a lock file that has not been cleared properly.

erniehatt

Post by erniehatt » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:07 am

Bertus, not sure what you mean.

ozybard

Post by ozybard » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:11 am

erniehatt wrote:Bertus, not sure what you mean.
Could I suggest that you have a look at my forum post on "GRBL 1.1 Released page 2".

I encountered odd behaviour attempting to update to v1.1 as did T_D and although now resolved I still do not understand what happened to correct the problem.

I am however suspicious of the v1.1 upgrade process.

I have both bCNC and UGS working fine. Perhaps your problems are not hardware based but are displaying similar symptoms to those I described.

Hope this helps