How to utilize the onboard RST, ABRT, HLD and RSM pins?

cmadki4

Re: How to utilize the onboard RST, ABRT, HLD and RSM pins?

Post by cmadki4 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:32 pm

Not that there is a ton of activity surrounding this topic (I must be the only moron on this forum), but I determined the following:

ABRT will indeed disable the spindle and bring the machine to a screeching halt. Perfect e-stop function.

I modified the config.h file, uncommenting INVERT_SPINDLE_ENABLE and SPINDLE_DIR_AS_ENABLE and recompiled grbl via Arduino IDE.

When I hit ABRT with axis in motion and spindle running, motion is halted and the spindle enable goes from RUN to STOP.

Perfect.

ernestoa

Post by ernestoa » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:50 pm

I was going to post about this once I confirmed it. When I first got my controller setup, I noticed that the abrt button didn't seem to do anything. I'm close to having the machine done now so it's good to know that the function should work.

It's a little quiet around here but I'm in the middle of building 2 systems using the protoneer/rpi boards so I'll likely be on more frequently in the future. So far, it seems like a neat platform. I wonder why there's not more activity here. I hope it's just that people set things up, start making neat stuff, and get too busy to share their successes.

Bertus Kruger
Site Admin

Post by Bertus Kruger » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:12 am

ernestoa wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:50 pm
I was going to post about this once I confirmed it. When I first got my controller setup, I noticed that the abrt button didn't seem to do anything. I'm close to having the machine done now so it's good to know that the function should work.

It's a little quiet around here but I'm in the middle of building 2 systems using the protoneer/rpi boards so I'll likely be on more frequently in the future. So far, it seems like a neat platform. I wonder why there's not more activity here. I hope it's just that people set things up, start making neat stuff, and get too busy to share their successes.
Keep us up to date on your projects.. ;)

KENSTV

Post by KENSTV » Wed May 09, 2018 2:25 pm

Is there any documentation that can be added as to the use of these connections, assuming you have to solder wires to those pads ??

Bertus Kruger
Site Admin

Post by Bertus Kruger » Thu May 10, 2018 8:55 pm

KENSTV wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 2:25 pm
Is there any documentation that can be added as to the use of these connections, assuming you have to solder wires to those pads ??
Our wiki has limited info saying:

RESET,ABORT,HOLD,RESUME work with normally open buttons and gets activated when grounded. All buttons are pulled high.