Step by step guide.

GreenKnight

Step by step guide.

Post by GreenKnight » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:41 am

Hello. I have spent the last 4 to 5 hour's trying to get my board working. I have the latest image installed. But can't figure out how to get it board to work. How do you upload grbl to the nano? Or is it already loaded and can't be changed? My attempts have failed. Still can't get connected to the board. I am in desperate need of a step by step guide to get me to the point where I can use the board and get the motors to move. Please help.

Bertus Kruger
Site Admin

Re: Step by step guide.

Post by Bertus Kruger » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:27 am

Hi.

What version of the RPI CNC Hat do yo have? If its the old type that had a Arduino Nano that you can upload GRBL firmware onto via its USB port.

The current boards can do it with a shortcut that is on the RPI desktop.

Bertus Kruger
Site Admin

Post by Bertus Kruger » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:28 am

GreenKnight

Post by GreenKnight » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:37 am

I have version 2.58. I have tried the shortcut on the pi3 and think I got it to upload correctly. But it stills doesn't connect when I try to use any of the software. They all hang on connecting. Pretty sure I wired it correctly. I have 24v hooked to the 12-30vdc pin and the gnd right next to it hooked to the power supply gnd. I have wired 2 momentary switches to the x and y endstops and they share the gnd on that area. And the motors are hooked up correctly and the step sticks are plugged in x and y only same for the motors. I have the jumpers under the step sticks all 3 connected. The board is mounted to the pi3 correctly. Do I need to jump all the grounds together? Am I missing something? What else can I try?

Bertus Kruger
Site Admin

Post by Bertus Kruger » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:40 am

Please post a photo of your setup.

There is a minicom shortcut on the desktop. when that is open and you press ? it should return the current position data from GRBL.