LASER FOR ENVRAVING

garyclinton

LASER FOR ENVRAVING

Post by garyclinton » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:51 pm

I am running a nano board on a Chinese cnc laser engraver and just bought the uno with the 4 axis v3 shield and want to change to the uno. forgive me for my lack of knowledge as I haven't done much cnc stuff for over 10 years and all the boards and my memory have changed lol
I want to run a 2w laser for engraving photos and such, can I use the uno and what pins would power the laser? will it support engraving photos?

Bertus Kruger
Site Admin

Re: LASER FOR ENVRAVING

Post by Bertus Kruger » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:47 pm

garyclinton wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:51 pm
I am running a nano board on a Chinese cnc laser engraver and just bought the uno with the 4 axis v3 shield and want to change to the uno. forgive me for my lack of knowledge as I haven't done much cnc stuff for over 10 years and all the boards and my memory have changed lol
I want to run a 2w laser for engraving photos and such, can I use the uno and what pins would power the laser? will it support engraving photos?
The laser will need its own power supply. It also will need to be able to take 5v signal to control the intensity. (Look for laser that at Mach compatable, they do 5v PWM)