Version 3.00 Image is now available for download

Bertus Kruger
Site Admin

Version 3.00 Image is now available for download

Post by Bertus Kruger » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:24 pm

I updated the RPi Image yesterday and it now includes Arduino to Program the Rpi CNC Hat's V2.58 and later boards.
OS and other apps has been updated to the latest version.

The image is a little smaller than the previous one and is hosted from our main Web Host.

If anyone has issues, please let me know.

http://wiki.protoneer.co.nz/Raspberry_P ... Card_Image

Whittler

Re: Version 3.00 Image is now available for download

Post by Whittler » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:42 pm

Bertus,
I have downloaded the image twice and each time it give me a corrupt zip error when I try to unzip it. I have tried to unzip on different computers and I still get the error.
Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Tom.
Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.
I knew immediately that was where I belonged.

Bertus Kruger
Site Admin

Post by Bertus Kruger » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:18 am

Hi Tom,

Did the download complete without issues? Are you using Chrome to download?

Whittler

Post by Whittler » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:42 am

I'm using Firefox version 49.0.1. Downloaded version 2 and it fails as well. Never thought it would be the browser. Guess I will try Chrome now.
How about offering on your Ebay store a 16g microsd card with pre-loaded image for the Raspberry Pi. That would save people like me the hassle of it taking hours to download the image and failing ;). It would also make it a more plug and play solution. Thought by now I would be playing with the hardware and not still trying to get a working image a whole day later.
Thanks,
Tom
Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.

Whittler

Post by Whittler » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:52 am

I tried to use Chrome to download. Took less time then Firefox to download but when I went to unzip Windows 7 said I did not have enough disk space. It claimed I needed 465Gb to unzip and I only had 350Gb of free space. This is for an image that is suppose to be less than 4Gb from a zip file of around 1.6Gb. Something screwy here. I appear to have a solid broadband connection on my end. Downloading Raspbian-jessie now. I'll see if I can get that to unzip when complete.

Whittler

Post by Whittler » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:40 pm

Windows 7 Pro machine with up to date everything.
Downloaded V3.00 zip file at work. Went to extract and it failed saying I did not have enough disk space. I did a screen print of incredible amount of space the zip claims to contain. A size of 807,167,530,339,591 KB from a compressed size of 1,668,808 KB. Something seems to be off here.

Later,
Tom
Attachments
RPI-V3.pdf
(58.91 KiB) Downloaded 97 times

Whittler

Post by Whittler » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:49 pm

Got the Version 3.00 image installed on a microSd drive and it works on my Raspberry pi 3.
For others that might encounter this problem of not being able to unzip the image use dotnetdiskimager from :
https://sourceforge.net/projects/dotnetdiskimager/.

This sweet little program takes the image out of the zip file (no unzipping needed) and burns it to your microSd drive with verify option. This bypassed the problem of Windows 7 not wanting to unzip the zipped file because of some bogus uncompressed file size reporting.

Bertus Kruger
Site Admin

Post by Bertus Kruger » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:19 am

Whittler wrote:I'm using Firefox version 49.0.1. Downloaded version 2 and it fails as well. Never thought it would be the browser. Guess I will try Chrome now.
How about offering on your Ebay store a 16g microsd card with pre-loaded image for the Raspberry Pi. That would save people like me the hassle of it taking hours to download the image and failing ;). It would also make it a more plug and play solution. Thought by now I would be playing with the hardware and not still trying to get a working image a whole day later.
Thanks,
Tom
Hi Tom,

I was thinking the exact same thing about the SD cards. I will try and find a supplier of SD cards. I just suggested Chrome cause it has some smarts built into the download manager to deal with these issues.

Bertus Kruger
Site Admin

Post by Bertus Kruger » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:23 am

Whittler wrote:Got the Version 3.00 image installed on a microSd drive and it works on my Raspberry pi 3.
For others that might encounter this problem of not being able to unzip the image use dotnetdiskimager from :
https://sourceforge.net/projects/dotnetdiskimager/.

This sweet little program takes the image out of the zip file (no unzipping needed) and burns it to your microSd drive with verify option. This bypassed the problem of Windows 7 not wanting to unzip the zipped file because of some bogus uncompressed file size reporting.
Thanks for posting a solution. I have not encountered this issue before but I will give it a go. If anyone else is have the same issues, please let me know.

kaksa

Post by kaksa » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:51 pm

Hi! I am having unzipping issues as well. I am using Mac, thus the dotNet solution does not work for me. This is what I get if I try to unzip in command line:

> unzip RPI-CNC-V300.zip
Archive: RPI-CNC-V300.zip
warning [RPI-CNC-V300.zip]: 76 extra bytes at beginning or within zipfile
(attempting to process anyway)
error [RPI-CNC-V300.zip]: reported length of central directory is
-76 bytes too long (Atari STZip zipfile? J.H.Holm ZIPSPLIT 1.1
zipfile?). Compensating...
skipping: rpi-v3-sml.img need PK compat. v4.5 (can do v2.1)

note: didn't find end-of-central-dir signature at end of central dir.
(please check that you have transferred or created the zipfile in the
appropriate BINARY mode and that you have compiled UnZip properly)

Any ideas?