MaxNC-10 conversion

Please share your projects...
DUGMOL

Re: MaxNC-10 conversion

Post by DUGMOL » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:45 pm

Did you finish your conversion, I am looking for the elctronics and control box and a schematic.

X35 Design

Post by X35 Design » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:35 pm

I'm not that guy, but I just finished my own MAXNC-10 OL project.

Started out with the original MAXNC DOS program and factory steppers and controller.
It was kind of slow, but otherwise was OK

It worked fine until one day when it went POOF and a smoke cloud came out of the control cabinet.

I then upgraded it with a G540 and some 265 oz steppers, and it worked superbly. Fast, reliable, etc..

I then took that G540 and put it on a Grillzy G0704 machine, so the MAXNC sat for a while.

After a lot of grief, I finally have it up and running with the Protoneer Pi+hat, 36V power supply, and 3x TB6600 controllers.
It works nicely. I've been using Bcnc and the other Java based web controller, which are OK, but you have to be careful rapid jogging.

I use it mainly for engraving and engraving like milling of small aluminum parts, for which it works quite well. I use the nylon antibacklash nuts from dumpstercnc.com, which are fine for this kind of work, but you can break them if you crash or push too hard.

I have been thinking of upgrading further to T8 axis screws with brass antibacklash nuts, but haven't found the need quite yet.

I'll get some pictures if you like

Bertus Kruger
Site Admin

Post by Bertus Kruger » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:05 pm

X35 Design wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:35 pm
I'll get some pictures if you like
Yes please!!!! :)

mpicco

Post by mpicco » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:31 pm

An update to my earlier post:
I have successfully retrofitted my MaxNC-10 with Keiling NEMA 23 steppers and a G-540 controller. Getting everything tweaked for smooth operation was a bit of a challenge! I am hoping to find a replacement for the spindle motor, since it seems awful noisy. Does anyone have any ideas for a good replacement?
Thanks,
Michael
K6MLE
CM98pr