Unlisted protoneer board

Have a suggestion for the website or forum? Post it here.
maori_cnc

Unlisted protoneer board

Post by maori_cnc » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:27 pm

I recently purchased one of your boards from Ebay but do not see it shown on your site. However in examining the board and those shown on your site I note that my board apparently has no drivers to put in the paired 8 pin receiving jacks. Does Protoneer make them and if so where do I find them. Without photos I cannot be sure how to configure the selection pins. It appears that I select which axis will be sent to a particular motor output by choosing the proper jumper positions. I take it that the dual 6 position jack is to interface with something else. What is that? (Sorry, I am new to Arduino. But I have to start somewhere.) I think I have some variant of Version 3.xx as it has four motor output positions. They are all lined up on one edge of the board. There are also three more similar green jacks on another edge, and solder connections for X, Y, Z step and dir inputs. plus EN,RST, ABRT, HLD ... GND, GND, 5V, and HSM (not a clue about what HSM means).

Suggestion for the site is this. Up to date pics and a way to get user instructions. That is essential to having a usable product. Or offer a pdf.

Bertus Kruger
Site Admin

Re: Unlisted protoneer board

Post by Bertus Kruger » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:23 pm

Hi. Do you have a link to the ebay listing? (CNC Shield maybe?)

Thanks for the suggestions I will work on bettering the product page as soon as I figure out what product you are talking about.

gmoney484

Re: Unlisted protoneer board

Post by gmoney484 » Mon May 01, 2017 1:19 am

Sounds like you have the Raspberry Pi CNC Hat, not the Arduino CNC shield ??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Raspberry-Pi-CN ... ny20Sut7aw
Gavin Milne
HoD Science
Dilworth School